CANCELLATION POLICY. Please give 24 hours (1 working day) notice of cancellation. For Monday appointments, cancellations must occur on the prior Friday. For less than 24 hours notice, the full cost of the visit will be charged to you credit card on file.
URGENT NEEDS. If you feel you are in crisis, you can leave a message on my voicemail and expect a return call, in most cases, within 24-48 business hours. If your emergency is so acute that waiting for a response is not appropriate, please call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Department. UNI Crisis Service can also be reached 24/7 at (801) 583-2500.
EMAIL & PRIVACY. Client information will not be shared, sold or otherwise disclosed to any other party except as requested by the client in writing. The law protects the relationship between a client and therapist with the exception of the following situations:
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in insuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
- Therapists are required by law to report incidences of sexual misconduct on the part of other therapists.
- Additionally, I may consult with my clinical supervisor and/or consultation group without disclosing any identifiable information.
- I abide by HIPAA practice standards.
There are limits to protecting your confidentiality over the internet. Please consider the information you submit over the internet prior to sending. Please do not use email or “contact us” form to send messages of a personal or confidential nature. Even though I do my best to keep my email confidential, email is copied, archived, and retransmitted continuously as part of normal processing. Because of this, please use email only to request information about my services, or other non-confidential matters.
There are several ways you can communicate with me without having to send information over the Internet: in person, by phone, fax or mail.
Email and texting is intended in my practice for administrative purposes i.e. changing appointment times, contacting me to request an appointment, or confirm appointment times. Please recognize that email or texting is not completely secure or confidential. If you choose to communicate via email, be aware that emails are retained in the logs of internet service providers. While it is unlikely that someone will be looking at these logs, they are in theory available to be read by the system administrator(s) of the internet service provider. Please be aware that any emails received or sent can become part of the legal record.